dalal ak diam, bienvenue, welcome!

Dalal ak diam, Bienvenue, Welcome! Follow along with my journey to Senegal this fall in stories, quotes, and pictures.

Friday, September 9, 2011

I'm going to be on Senegalese TV!!!

Ok, so today was supposed to be a picture posting day and talking about my first week of class, plans for the weekend, etc. for the blog, but internet time got cut short because I'M GOING TO BE ON TV TONIGHT.

Two reporters from the TFM station came to the West African Research Center (WARC) where we have class to interview some of us about our experiences on 9/11/2001 and how we view terrorism and Islam today. I think we all got asked similar questions, so I am curious what pieces of the interviews will be on TV. In my interview, I told the reporters in French (hopefully I didn't embarrass myself too badly) about how I had just gotten to school (6th grade) when the second plane hit in New York, and how I don't hold the terrible tragedies caused by extremists against an entire religion, ethnic group, etc. and am getting along fine in Senegal.

Anyway, I promise there is more to come, because amongst my other plans for the weekend I plan on parking myself at a wi-fi hotspot and doing some catch-up.

Jamm (peace) from Senegal!

1 comment:

  1. So, you're a celebrity already! I hope they used your interview in the piece they broadcast. What a great way to get right into the culture! Sounds like you are surrounded by people with whom you can share ideas and from whom you can learn. How are you going about learning Wolof? How is the process the same as or different from how you started learning French? Keep the posts coming! It's great to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete